Dennis Mautner received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of Connecticut in 2013. During his time at the University of Connecticut, Dennis was a member of Pi Sigma Alpha, the Political Science honor society. In 2017, Dennis graduated from the University of Connecticut School of Law with honors.
During his time in law school, Dennis spent much of his time working as a research assistant for Professor Robert Whitman. For this position, Dennis performed extensive research on various legal theories to assist Professor Whitman with the completion of his book on the evolution of American legal education. Dennis also spent time working in the University's Criminal Appellate Clinic where he co-wrote multiple appellate briefs.
After law school, Dennis worked for the Hartford Superior Court as a temporary assistant clerk where he assisted multiple judges in conducting criminal trials. Following his work with the Superior Court, Dennis joined the law firm of R. Eugene Torrenti, LLC. There he specialized in drafting wills, trusts, and other estate planning documents.
Dennis is a member of the Connecticut Bar Association, the New Haven County Bar Association, the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, and the Connecticut Italian American Bar Association.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Defense
- Elder Law
- Connecticut, 2017
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- J.D. - 2017
- Honors: with honors
- Honors: Research Assistant for Professor Robert Whitman
- Honors: University’s Criminal Appellate Clinic
- University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2013
- Honors: Pi Sigma Alpha, Member
- Honors: Political Science honor society, Member
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member, 2017 to Present
- New Haven County Bar Association, Member, 2017 to Present
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2017 to Present
- Connecticut Italian American Bar Association., Member
Past Employment Positions
- Hartford Superior Court, Temporary Assistant Clerk
- R. Eugene Torrenti, LLC, Associate, 2017 to 2018