Terrific Bicycle Sites
- Invisible Spray On Paint To Keep Bikers Safe at Night
- Happy Easter: Safety L.E.D. Road Flares Back In Stock
- NEW PRODUCT, a bit pricey but we are all about bike safety so may be a good investment
- Bike Repair Workshop – January 29, 2014 at 5:30PM
- Cycling v. Cars: The American right-of-way
- Drivers Get Rolled: Bicyclists are making unreasonable claims to the road – and winning
- This Invisible Bike Helmet is good for only one accident, and costs about $540 (399euros), but it is really cool!
- One Simple Tip That Could Save a Cyclist’s Life – Article from The Atlantic Cities
- Daily Nutmeg Article: “Route Canal”
- End “Share The Road”
- Bicycle Safety Handbook
- Cyclists can be prosecuted for failing to obey traffic control signals. Don’t disregard lights!
- Signature Cycles: Signature Cycles in Greenwich builds custom bicycles, designed to fit each rider perfectly. Prospective buyers go through a detailed interview about lifestyle, riding goals, and experience, before riding on a high-tech computerized simulator that measures every conceivable variable. Then the design team meets with you, to create a custom bike with world-class components. Truly a remarkable place. If you go, ask to speak with Lori, the manager, or with Justin, a world-class bike technician. Located at 14 Railroad Avenue, Greenwich, CT, or visit them on-line at www.signaturecycles.com.
- Hub & Spoke Article: A Bicycle Built For Six
- Amity Bike – bike shop in New Haven Area
- Devil’s Gear – bike shop in New Haven Area
- Elm City Cycling
- Kidical Mass New Haven
- National Bike to School Day
- The Yale Herald’s story on Yale’s new bikeshare
- Ready to Ride: Biking Is Finally Getting Its Due as One of the Most Efficient Ways for Everyone to Get Around
- A group of local family bicyclists is forming a KIDICAL MASS NEW HAVEN group. Founded in Oregon in 2008, Kidical Mass chapters have been springing up throughout North America to promote legal, safe, and FUN bike ride for kids, kids at heart, and their families.
- Check out a great new website, People for Bikes, to take a pledge for biking and learn how you can help.
- New Haven Cyclists: Anyone interested in biking in the greater New Haven area should definitely check out the booklet sponsored by Street Smarts, the traffic safety outreach campaign created by New Haven Community along with the City of New Haven Department of Transportation, Traffic and Parking. You can also learn more by visiting the Street Smarts website.
- People for Bikes – is a movement initiated by the Bikes Belong Foundation, the national nonprofit focusing on bicycling safety and working to put more people on bicycles more often
- I’m Safe – Children’s Bicycle Safety – I’m Safe! on My Bike reaches kids in an engaging, memorable way with five keys to safe riding
- Bicycle Safety Literature – Bicycle safety education related resources, literature, materials, videos and links
- Bicycle Safety Information – Bicycle Safety Abstract: Cycling is a great way to exercise, and bicycles are a convenient mode of transportation
- Connecticut Department of Transportation – the official site of the Connecticut Department of Transportation
- Connecticut Bicycle and Pedestrian Information – ConnDot bicycle and pedestrian general information
- Massachusetts Bicycle Coalition – The Massachusetts Bicycle Coalition (MassBike) promotes a bicycle-friendly environment and encourages bicycling for fun, fitness and transportation
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety – Current U.S. (all 50 states) motorcycle and bicycle helmet laws
- Bicycle Helmet Safety Institute – small, active, non-profit consumer-funded program providing bicycle helmet information
- Bicycle Safety Articles – Ten ways you can get hit by cars (with pictures) and meaningful ways to avoid them. Not your typical Bike Safety page.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration – NHTSA provides leadership to the motor vehicle and highway safety community through the development of innovative approaches to reducing motor vehicle crashes and injuries.
- Kids Health – Bike Safety Tips – Bike riding is a great way to get exercise and fresh air and share time as a family. But before you and the kids rush out and start pedaling, there’s an important factor that you need to consider – safety.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Information Center – The Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center (PBIC) is a national clearinghouse for information about health and safety, engineering, advocacy, education, enforcement, access, and mobility for pedestrians (including transit users) and bicyclists.
- The Bicycling Paradox: Fit Doesn’t Have to Mean Thin – A New York Times article about how cycling is a lot more forgiving of body type and age than running is.
- Adventure Cycling Association – Adventure Cycling Association’s mission is to inspire people of all ages to travel by bicycle. They create bike routes and maps, lead bike tours, publish Adventure Cyclist magazine, sell bike gear, and provide bicycle travel information.
Bicycle Shops – the Mills Law Firm salutes two great bike shops that are friendly, knowledgeable, and give back to the community.
- Noise Pollution Clearinghouse – The Noise Pollution Clearinghouse is a national non-profit organization with extensive online noise related resources.
- Connecticut Legal Resources – The Law Library System of the Connecticut Judicial Branch will provide prompt and professional guidance and access to reliable and comprehensive information to individuals who are researching or pursuing legal rights and remedies.
- Connecticut Bar Association – The Connecticut Bar Association is a membership organization of Connecticut attorneys working to advance the principles of justice, the practice of law and the public understanding of the law.
- Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association – The CT Defense Lawyers Association is a volunteer not-for-profit statewide organization of attorneys licensed in the State of Connecticut who are primarily engaged in the defense of individuals and businesses in civil litigation, or who serve as counsel for insurance carriers or business organizations.
- State of Connecticut – The official state of Connecticut Web site